Milton @ Gatwick B&B is a classic double fronted Edwardian House built circa 1912 that was fully refurbished in 1994. A purpose designed and built self contained extension was added in 1999 and became operational to receive guests in May of that year.
The B&B is located on a totally flat site fronting Lumley Road, close to the town centre and is set back approximately 16 feet from the back edge of the pavement. The front forecourt is smooth paved in a herring bone patterned brick and has two wrought iron gated entrances and there is sufficient space for parking up to five cars.
The accommodation is accessed from the front forecourt over a flat paved path to the separate Guest House entrance which has a step of 8 inches to the ground floor. There is self contained accommodation on the ground and first floors and the upper level is accessed by a straight staircase with 14 risers of 8 inches.
The self contained guest bedroom accommodation is provided with an ensuite bathroom with bath/shower, hand basin and WC and each bedroom is fitted with a half hour fire door and hard wired smoke alarm. Milton @ Gatwick has not been formally rated for accessibility but the ground floor accommodation is likely to be suitable for persons with restricted mobility.